SAP CDC Integration with SAP COMMERCE Cloud V2. – Simplified
What is SAP Customer Data Cloud?
SAP Customer Data Cloud offers a customer identity management platform for managing profiles, preference, opt-in and consent settings. SAP Customer Data Cloud offers an identity management platform for businesses that includes customized registration, social login, user profile and preference management, user engagement and loyalty, and integrations with third-party marketing and services platforms.
Why SAP Customer Data Cloud?
- B2C – Gain new and loyal customers by securely identifying and engaging them and delivering relevant experiences with SAP Customer Identity and Access Management solutions for B2C.
- B2B – Optimize B2B value networks. Accelerate time to market, simplify identity lifecycle management, and protect against risks with SAP Customer Identity and Access Management solutions for B2B.
- SAP CDC includes SAP Customer Identity, SAP Customer Profile, and the Identity add-on for B2B.
What is the benefit if we integrate SAP Customer Data Cloud and SAP Commerce Cloud?
The integration with SAP Customer Data Cloud provides the capabilities to enable customized registration and login options and manage user profiles and consent.
Customization is required to integrate other SAP CDC features like Progressive Profiling and Lite Registration using SAP Customer Data Cloud REST APIs and Web SDK.
How to integrate SAP Customer Data Cloud and SAP Commerce Cloud?
This section explains the setup and integration steps to integrate SAP Customer Data Cloud with SAP Commerce cloud for a B2C site.
- Create a Site
- Create a site by providing a Commerce site domain and a data center.
- It generates Site ID and API Key on creation used by SAP Commerce Cloud for the integration.
- Create an Application
- Create an application using the SAP Customer Data Cloud console.
- It generates User Key and Secret on creation, which is being used by SAP Commerce Cloud for the integration
- Implement Screen-Sets
- SAP Customer Data Cloud provides Default Screen-Sets on Site Creation
- Optionally, create Screen-Set screens to match the Commerce Site theme using UI builder tool in SAP Customer Data Cloud console.
- Provide Social Network App Configurations (Optional)
- Setup the Social Network apps as needed. Most of the social network apps are required to be configured in SAP Customer Data Cloud.
Following are the steps to set up Facebook social network app.
Facebook Social Network setup
A Facebook app should be created to enable Facebook login functionality in the Commerce Site
- Facebook Social Network setup is configured with the Facebook application’s Application ID and secret key
- Enable All the
Facebook Basic Info Permissionsand enable other permission as required.
SAP Commerce Cloud Setup
- Following extensions are added to integrate SAP Commerce Cloud (Gigya).
|gigyaloginaddon||This add-on is responsible for modifying the storefront to display the SAP Customer Data Cloud screen sets, which can then be used to register, log in or edit customer profile, and provide session management capabilities
It has a dependency on gigyafacades, which depends on gigyaservices
|gigyabackoffice||The gigyabackoffice extension provides the Backoffice screens for various configurations for SAP Customer Data Cloud integration.|
- Install gigyaloginaddon to yacceleratorstorefront
- Perform the ant build and system update.
- Login to Backoffice as ‘admin.’
- Navigate to the ‘Customer Data Cloud’ menu in the left navigation tree
- Click on the ‘Customer Data Cloud Configuration’ option and click on the ‘Create’ button to create a new configuration
- In the ‘Create Customer Data Cloud Config’ wizard, Enter the following details
- Code (code) – Any unique identifier for the configuration (Tip: Use name of CDC site)
- Customer Data Cloud API Key (gigyaAPIKey) – API key of the CDC site
- Customer Data Cloud Data Center (gigyaDataCenter) – Data Center selected for CDC site selected during site creation + followed by .gigya.com (Eg: us1.gigya.com)
- Customer Data Cloud User Key (gigyaUserKey) – ‘UserKey’ of the created Application in CDC console
- Customer Data Cloud User Secret (gigyaUserSecret) – ‘Secret’ of the created Application in CDC console
- CMS Sites (sites) – Select CMS Sites for which CDC should be configured
- Login Mode (mode) – Select ‘raas’
- Delete user from Customer Data Cloud? (deleteUser) – Select ‘True’
- Select ‘Done’
Happy Integrating feel free to reach out to our SAP Practice for a CDC or a SAP Commerce demo.