About the Author: Sateesh Kumar D is the Technical Architect at TA Digital with expertise in SAP C/4HANA, suite of applications, and Qualtrics. 13 years of core experience in designing, Architecting, Solutioning and developing complex SAP applications end-to-end.
SAP Cloud Platform is a new framework, a successor of Datahub, which makes cloud integration reliable, intelligent, and straightforward. Also, one of the recent SAP’s strategic integration platform for SAP Cloud-based customers. It provides out-of-the-box connectivity across cloud and on-premise solutions. Let’s dig deeper and understand better on how SCPI (SAP Cloud Platform Integration) connection capabilities can make enterprises connect intelligently
What is SAP Cloud Platform Integration?
SAP Cloud Platform Integration (SCPI) is the strategic integration service within SAP Cloud Platform, which facilitates the orchestration, routing, processing, and transformation of messages between systems in cloud-to-cloud or hybrid scenarios.
Boasting a wide range of adapters and a vast library of pre-packaged integration content, SCPI enables customers to design and execute processes and data integrations in a more extensible, salable, stable, and reliable fashion.
SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite help enterprises accelerate innovation at scale in connecting processes, data, people and devices for the intelligent enterprise
SAP Cloud Platform Integration supports SAP solution in all areas of integration, the primary goals include
- Provide an agile integration framework
- Support ever-changing business operations
- Harmonize integration between on-premise and cloud applications, data, business-to-business networks, mobile apps, and the Internet of Things
- Overcome the governance, compliance, security and technical debt challenges of ad hoc integration approaches
The solution itself is pretty straight forward and simple
- API-first integration approach
- Synergic application, data, process, and user-experience integration across cloud and on-premise landscapes
- Pre-packaged integration flows
- Third-party solution integration
- Published APIs ready for sandbox testing and consumption
- Intuitive Web tooling and AI-driven assistance
- Integration solution advisory methodology
- Enterprise-class governance
- Infrastructure security and scalability
Key Features & Benefits of SAP Cloud Platform Integration
- Out-of-the-box connectivity support (IDoc, SFTP, SOAP/HTTPS, SuccessFactors, OData, HTTPS)
- Security features such as content encryption and certificate-based communication
- Preconfigured integration patterns, providing many options for the configuration of data flow between participant systems.
- Connectivity adapters (endpoint types) that allow participant systems to connect through both proprietary and open protocols (IDoc, OData, JMS, HTTPS, EDI, Ariba, AS2/4, and many more)
- Diverse integration scenarios – Link processes and data using both application-to-application and business-to-business integration scenarios.
- Multiple endpoints – Integrate various SAP and third-party applications and data sources based either on-premise or in the cloud.
- Pre-packaged content – Use pre-packaged integration content to jump-start integration projects and get productive quickly.
- Customize integration – Extend our preconfigured integration scenarios to include your custom requirements.
- Increase business agility with connected processes, applications, and data that drive a real-time enterprise
- Extend business processes across hybrid environments for greater efficiency
- Expand competitive advantage with deeper data-driven insights, irrespective of the data’s location
Integration Architecture Including Design Time, Runtime, and Operations
SCPI Integration Architecture [source]
Bright, Crisp, Out of the box Inbound & Outbound Integrations
The Outbound integration exports the data from SAP Commerce Cloud. For example, dispatching the data out of SAP Commerce Cloud or reproducing it in another system
Outbound Communication from SAP Commerce Cloud Integration [source]
Conclusion: As the digital era evolves into the intelligent era, businesses are facing a host of new challenges. You need to be able to innovate efficiently and synergistically with your core business processes to impact business outcomes, act instantaneously, and capitalize on opportunities based on sound insights from up-to-date information. You must also be in a position to increase productivity by intelligently automating manual tasks, Using SCPI, the implementations are a lot easier to Transform Intelligently and Innovate with Agility