SMS marketing is a technique which uses text messaging for promotional messages. SMS marketing is used to build a database of subscribers to increase customer loyalty. Text messages are an ideal way of notifying people of any immediate offers.
Why use SMS Marketing?
Just like any other marketing strategy, SMS Marketing gives the following benefits when used with AEM:
- SMS messages are opened and read more frequently.
- It is cost-efficient.
- It is simple and highly targeted.
- it outperforms other channels.
What is Twilio?
Twilio is a cloud-based service that enables developers to send and receive text messages, make and receive phone calls programmatically by using developer-friendly APIs.
Why use Twilio for Marketing?
Twilio gives the following benefits when used with AEM:
- Twilio helps to reach customers on their preferred communications channel whether that’s SMS, phone call or Whatsapp, etc.
- Twilio provides a comprehensive suite of developer-friendly APIs.
- Twilio is a developer-friendly platform for communications.
- Twilio helps to get rid of the telecom hardware by providing a telephony infrastructure web service via cloud API.
Integration of AEM with Twilio:
Twilio provides java sdk which helps us to interact with Twilio API from AEM . We need to follow the below steps to make Twilio work with AEM.
- We need to login into Twilio account first and copy auth token, account SID and number which is assigned to the account.
- We need to make Twilio SDK entry in pom.xml. since Twilio does not provide bundle, so we need to make below entries in pom apart from SDK entry.
- Sample Code: Once we have pom entries and auth token, account SID and account number, we are good to send messages.Sample code to send a message: