This blog will demonstrate you how to migrate the groups and users with ACL permissions from one Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) server to another.
- Install ACS commons package.
- Login to AEM author instance.
- Navigate to tools page in we can able to see acs-common folder.
- Touch UI, Navigate to Tools -> Operations ->Configuration,
- Classic UI open Tools Console (http://localhost:4502/miscadmin#/etc/acs-commons/packagers)
- Now we need to create a new page under packager’s folder with ACL Packager Template
- Double click and open the page(Migrate Users)
- Edit ACL Packager Configuration rules and configuration, as shown in below screenshot and click OK
Now enter all values:
- Now click on create package.
Now go to the /crx/packmgr and download the package. We can install this package in other AEM instances
3. Users Migration
We can do users migration in two ways:
3.1 Creating ACL Packager:
We need to create a new ACL packager like above and deploy in other AEM instance.
3.2 Package Create:
Another way is we can build package directly from http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr with all users and install in any other instance.
ACL packages Reference Link: https://github.com/Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-commons/releases