ADOBE EXPERIENCE MANAGER DESKTOP APP
Using Adobe Experience Manager Desktop, you can quickly browse AEM assets right from your computer explorer. It enables you to create, edit, or delete digital Assets. The changes are automatically synchronized with AEM Assets and vice-versa.
You can download Desktop App here or simply navigate to Tools > Assets > Desktop Tools for AEM in your AEM instance.
- Based on your operating system download respective app.
- Double click the .exe file (For Windows Machine) and click next.
- Select install folder and click next.
- Click install.
- Click on Finish button.
- After installing it will ask to restart your system.
Using Desktop App:
- Once app got installed you will get an icon in menu bar. Launch the application from menu bar.
- Once you launch the app enter the following URL and click on Gobutton.
- Enter your credentials(Username/Password) and click on Sign In button.
- On Successful login a new local network drive will be created as shown below. Clicking on this folder you browse/upload assets.
Reveal on Desktop icon:
- Navigate to AEM and click on User icon at top right corner
- Click on User Preferences
- Select Show desktop actions for Assets and click on Accept
- Navigate to Assets. Now you can see Reveal on Desktop icon on assets and asset folders.
- Once you click the Reveal on Desktop icon, it asks to launch the application. On Open link, it directs to the computer explorer location of the corresponding asset.
Troubleshooting AEM Desktop App
Prerequisites for AEM Desktop App Version 1.5
Prerequisites for AEM 6.2: AEM Desktop App is compatible with AEM 6.2 Service Pack
- Install the following packages on AEM 6.2:
- AEM 6.2 Hot Fix 11099
Prerequisites for AEM 6.1: AEM Desktop App is compatible with AEM 6.1 Service Pack 2.
- Install the following packages on AEM 6.1:
- AEM 6.1 Service Pack 2
- AEM 6.1 Feature Pack 6658
- AEM 6.1 Hot Fix 8723